+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Websites using transparency

2 Websites using transparency

I created this site for a Jimmy-Buffet-type restaurant in Milwaukee. Used transparent background graphics to get a cross-browser transparency effect. LOVE Catalyst's flexibility and power! 5 more sites in progress now, using Catalyst platform.

Jimmy's Island Grill

My client LOVES this! Using MailChimp to build an email marketing platform. Highly recommend them for integration into WordPress.

Another site in progress using the same transparency feature:

CostaRicaMaria

Always welcome your comments! Cheers!

Feel free to email me directly at karen@karenshaykubiak.com

I would eat, drink and sleep there = mission accomplished on your part Transparency rocks. But I am also too disturbed to say much more, because of this

PHP Code:
    $jquery_version      "1.4.4";

$jquery_ui_version   "1.8.9";

wp_deregister_script ('jquery');             // using wp_deregister_script() to disable the version that comes packaged with WordPress

wp_register_script   ('jquery',           "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/{$jquery_version}/jquery.min.js");         // using wp_register_script() to register updated libraries (this example uses the CDN from Google but you can use any other CDN or host the scripts yourself)

wp_enqueue_script    ('jquery');          // using wp_enqueue_script() to load the updated libraries 
    This is from J-Shortcodes (j-shortcodes.php) and shows plugin force sites to use jQuery 1.4.4 when they should be on 1.7.1 WP also comes with newer jQuery UI than the one he force you to use.

Actually if you go to J-shortcodes entry at .org site it does not appear to be alive that much. He has own forum right? Are you confident this is not dead? Time for replacement?

I checked interface and did not see a button (Load jQuery?) so you depend on his updates unless you want to edit source code.

Change 1.4.4 to 1.7.1 and 1.8.9 to 1.8.16 and all is fine IF not his code breaks with newer stuff. Little twist on the problem there. Best fix is to make him update.

Possible you can ignore for these site but it wont last as many scripts will depend on newer jQuery or jQuery UI. Stupid of him.
    Last edited by bambo; 01-13-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Shadow makes the default menu state look fuzzy, but otherwise very nice. (Impressive detail from bambo !)

These are great Karen!

Just seeing a few jaggies / compression in some of the images, but I know that's sometimes hard to avoid depending on the source files.

Nice bright and happy looking sites. Need cocktail now...
    Wild Creature Development - Wordpress Website design, construction, theme migration and renovation exclusively in the Catalyst and Dynamik environments.

Jquery warning

Thank you, Bambo, for the heads-up. Jquery is a realm I'm just getting familiar with. I will be disabling the JButton plugin and using new code ASAP.

You dont have to know anything about jQuery as such but a good idea to know which scripts and sometimes also CSS/style sheets that loads. Plugins work behind your back so turn around.

If not J shortcodes guy start to move very soon put him on the list of hmmm developers. If he know he has to redo all his code just to be compliant with latest and greatest jQuery that is of course annoying, but he should know there is a potential issue doing nothing. Would take few minutes to change those numbers and release "new" version - dont know why he stalls, for the last many months...

Or he assume people dont mind starting up code editor and fix them self.

but you can use any other CDN or host the scripts yourself)
    who is he talking to?

+ Reply to Thread