Thread: New SIte for Pallet Distribution company

New SIte for Pallet Distribution company

Hi Guys,

Working on a new site for local Pallet Distriibtuion company. Here's work in progress URL:
    http://www.allin1distributionltd.com?wpjf3_mr_temp_access _key=V0fWmnfHLwgEExoU7hon

ANy comments appreciated.

Hi :-)

I get the holding page via that link

Reposted link

Sorry about link.

I repost link here:

http://www.allin1distributionltd.com...fHLwgEExoU7hon

Neat, clean, nice simple color scheme - I like it. Only suggestions are to give the navbar font some letter-spacing (maybe 1 or 1.5px) so the words are easier to read. Maybe also pump the body font up a pixel. No reason to make it hard for the those over 30 eh ? ;-)

Maybe also pump the body font up a pixel. No reason to make it hard for the those over 30 eh ? ;-)
    That's something I always try and do (unless a client really digs their heels in over it)
    and it never really occured to me until someone commented on my blog one day that one of the things they really
    liked about my blog, was that it was easy to read coz I had bumped the font up a smidge in size.

@jccann I like the colour scheme (but then Im rather partial to red/grey/white color schemes).

Looking good

From my non-techie perspective, I love the open feeling you get from doing without an inner border, also from the wide spacing of the widgets and white background. It's easy to move through the site, and the map on the contact page is both practical and creates an interesting visual impact. This site is for practical use rather than aesthetics, and I think it meets that purpose too.

A couple of jarring elements on the index page: the rounded corners of the widgets in the bottom row and the sidebar work quite well but you don't use that effect consistently. Any reason the navbar and image box have square corners? Also the headline fonts don't work together very well. The main headline is red looks awkward compared to the better spaced and more readable fonts in the widget.

I like the overall impression, and that's usually all that people remember.

John

Guys,
    Thank svey much for yourfeedback critique. I've taken thsi onboard and tweaked it a wee bit.
    @folkwilliams ... Client didn't want roiunded corners on menu, and I've increased letter spacing as per @deepdouth's suggestions.

The only thing I would like to add, is where you have the rounded corners for the heading area in the widgets for the side menu, you need to also repeat that for those top corners for the widget itself or you end up with little square corner bits visible behind the widget heading

I might b wrong but i 'think' its .widget that you need to edit in the sidebar to add the corner radius to that as well for the upper left and upper right corners

(then again maybe it is my eyes atm coz i dont have my specs on??? lol)

Cheers
    Whims