+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst numero 2 by 2urn

Gah! left over naughty css line where I was trying something else before.... I think I got it... thanks so much!!!

This is what happens with lack of sleep... I didn't even check with firebug!!!

Yeah, deleted the line entirely.... originally I was using tinting the UL element not the individual LIs so I had to fit the menu items just so (which was impossibly stupid to maintain! as the kept changing the menu items / labels) so I switched the styling to the LIs so that line is not even necessary anymore.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

Yes works here now. You have some hours of tearful IE8 work to do so wont interrupt Quite fun to play with CSS3 Pie once you get going. Becomes a sport. Easiest tricks by far is extra bonus. Just dont get too hysteric with details. Might be easier to drop all rgba values, at least on elements where it counts for impression, and simply use pngs but rgba CSS3 Pie can handle.

Thanks, Bambo! Can you recommend any polyfills or tools that could help speed up ie8 issues?

Only CSS3 Pie http://css3pie.com/ check that page in IE8.

I have played with it and there are a few things you want to know. Too zzz now to think but http://catalysttheme.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post21004

Wont even read that but where you can get problem is with scripts, like I remember having with a vertical accordion menu. Not with top menues but sub. Pie work in mysterious ways sometimes. Far from compatible with everything WP. So if you use it focus on big picture stuff first. Ignore details.

The conditional trick can still be needed. If you have used some CSS tircks simply not understood by IE8 you have to fix. If not too much just add a special IE class and set up a little IE-Fix section in Custom CSS. Hopefully it wont get too big. CSS3 Pie does not do more than it says on the box - which is why it is usable.

He seem confused that guy from that CSS3 Pie link so try this http://paulirish.com/2008/conditiona...nswer-neither/ "Throw it on the html tag" section. You dont need extra CSS file but can use good old Custom CSS by adding special .ieX class to elements you want to work on IE only browsers.

Cant really ignore IE8 yet but if a little hipster you can block IE6, IE7 (and make task way easier). Do it properly with this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browser-blocker/ done. CSS3 Pie also works on older IEs but I imagine there are many more pure CSS problems that can be difficult to fix.
    Last edited by bambo; 01-22-2012 at 12:54 PM.

wow.

Wow this is amazing! I've been working on our website - nothing like this though!

Hey, P

Merci! Sak pasé? Your doing fine work there in Haiti (and the site is looking good too). The Haitian side of my family was from Jeremie, btw. If you need any help, please ask. I always try to me there for a good cause—especially one from my home country.

Dimitry

Awesome! We are located in Les Cayes. We would love any help - I definitely maxed out my website designing potential!

Well done Dimitry, fantastic site...

I think something that would really help the community is you and other 'Guns' of Catalyst, to give us mere mortals an overview of how you go about doing designs like this ?

Cheers, Dave

Thanks, so much Dave... I really wish I had a gun to shoot i.e. browser bugs this week

Not sure I can condense my overall approach a forum post (perhaps when I get my own site / blog up... sigh.) but always happy to explain thinking or issues of any particular aspect you are interested in.

+ Reply to Thread