+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just completed client site for used Harley-Davidsons

Just completed client site for used Harley-Davidsons

Just completed this website http://usedhd.ca/ powered by Catalyst 1.4.2 and Dynamic Child theme. Parts of the website had be developed as a CMS and I found this challenging since I'm not very experienced with PHP.

It took awhile to wrap my head around the concept of working with custom Hooks and Widgets but am now getting the hang of it and love the flexibility! With a background in graphic and web design along with some very basic knowledge of PHP, I found Catalyst to be surprisingly easy to learn. However, now that I'm using Custom Post Types more frequently, I found it a frustrating process to integrate/incorporate Custom Post Types within the Catalyst framework without a lot of custom programming in the end and out of frustration, I abandoned the use of Custom Post Types. Eric, if you're reading this post, please consider a way to make it easier to work with and integrate Custom Post types in future versions of Catalyst!

Would love to hear some feed back! http://usedhd.ca/

Cheers!

Great site. Nice colors & themeed design. A couple of little things to check: the top-right has some text links running over the "buy with confidence" logo that I suspect are meant to be icons. Also, on the bottom the Google map isn't showing for me. All up a very coherant, tidy design =D

Looks really nice! A few broken image links on my end (Navbar Right, for example).

Eric

I like it too! Very macho theme.

Like Eric says, some broken image links. Easily fixed.

Thank you for the compliments and for pointing out the broken links. I've just migrated the site from a sub-directory to the root directory and thought I had caught and re-directed all the urls. So, thanks to your call outs, I've been able to quickly fix the broken links before my client had even noticed. Whew - close call!

So, this is what the site is suppose to look like (with all links intact) ;>) http://usedhd.ca/

Hi Eric,

Thank you for pointing out the broken links. Due to all your comments, I was able to fix the broken links before the client noticed.

On another note, I just wanted to know if there's an easy way for me to integrate Custom Post Types with the current Catalyst framework. I've noticed that there's been several postings in the forum regarding this very topic and was wondering if perhaps you'd consider this functionality in your next upgrade.

By the way, great job on building Catalyst! it's come a long way from Frugal. And I believe you've got one of the best and most actively supported forum around!

That's a very nice looking site. I like the design - goes well with the product.

+ Reply to Thread